Health Unit says public risk still low

Health Unit says public risk still low

By Richard Coffin

There are no active cases of measles in the district.  

That update Friday from the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, which says the number of confirmed cases still sits at 11.   

Officials continue to say there is no evidence of the virus spreading throughout the region, and no locations have been identified where the public could have been exposed.   

They add the risk to the public remains low.  

 The Health Unit recommends you check your vaccination status and contact them or your healthcare provider if you need to get caught up on your measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine. 

Province-wide, Public Health Ontario says cases jumped just over 100 last week, to 572 (between Oct. 28, 2024 and March 26, 2025).

Hello Awesome People!

It looks like you are using Ad Blocker. We can understand that you don't like to see the ads frequently. But please try to understand that our business survive on the ads. Main source of revenue is Ads, please support us by disabling ad blocker.

Thank you for visiting Report North Bay!

Test